Despite having a very large Indian constituency Rep Tom Malinowski, former chief advocate for Human Rights Watch, stuck to his human rights roots.
- Thank him for bringing up questions about the abuse of the Public Safety Act to the State Department and the detention of civil society and deflating the counter-terrorism argument for the communication blockade.
- He brought up the desire of the Modi govt to stoke religious division. Using religion as a lever to split society –
- Thank him for bringing up the threats to religious freedom in India
- Ask him to sponsor a Kashmir Human Rights Resolution
Sample Calling Script
Thank you Rep. Malinowski for participating in Oct 22nd’s Hearing on Human Rights in South East Asia. We thank you for asking the question: “how many people are detained in Kashmir?” The lack of access on the ground to journalists and human rights organization is troubling and revealing. We hope you will continue to ask these questions and state the truth as you said, “to stop terrorists, you don’t need telephone access.”
Tom Malinowski @RepMalinowski
- New Jersey’s 7th congressional district
- 426 Cannon HOB, Washington, DC 20515
- Phone: (202) 225-5361